Back to the list

Taking animals or plants with you 

As an EU national, you can freely travel with your cat, dog or ferret if it has a European pet passport. This passport is available from any authorised veterinarian and must contain details of a valid anti-rabies vaccination.If you have a dog, cat or ferret which is less than 3 months old (and not vaccinated against rabies), check the national rules.The EU pet passport is only for dogs, cats and ferrets. If you have other pets, such as rabbits or canaries, you should check relevant national rules on taking animals in/out of the country.If you take an animal into Finland, Ireland, Malta or the United Kingdom, it must be treated against the tapeworm Echinococcus as follows:the treatment shall be administered by a veterinarian within a period of not more than 120 hours and not less than 24 hours before the time of scheduled entry into Finland, Ireland, Malta or the United Kingdom;the treatment shall be certified by the administering veterinarian in the relevant section of the passport.IdentificationYour animal will require an electronic microchip or a readable tattoo that has been applied before 3 July 2011 with the same code as the one documented in the passport.Other animals and plantsYou may carry animals or plants - including parts thereof - when you are travelling in EU countries. But most EU countries do have strict rules on transporting endangered species or products derived from them. You may need a permit to travel with some species.To find out about a specific species, you should always check the EU wildlife trade reference database. You can also contact the CITES authority in your country to know if the species you want to travel with needs a certificate. 

Адвокат, оказываю высококвалифицированную юридическую помощь в соответствии с законами. За многолетний опыт работы выработал свой, уникальный подход к работе с клиентами.


Вы можете выбрать стиль текста, его начертание и цвет

Social Networks



© 2018 INHR (Registered with the UNITED NATIONS­­ / DESA) 

Office 1